Intercollegiate Biomathematics Alliance
This institution is a member of the Intercollegiate Biomathematics Alliance (IBA), a consortium that promotes and fosters research and education in biomathematics. The IBA strives to bring together institutions both academic and non-academic to build a collaborative academic community in the pursuit of advancing biomathematics, ecology, and related areas for the researchers, educators of the mathematical and biological sciences, and active scholars. In doing so, the IBA provide a wide range of expertise, resources, and opportunities that are only available when we work together as a community.
The IBA opperates within the Center for Collaborative Studies in Mathematical Biology, which proudly sponsors many programs geared towards assisting both established and up-and-coming scholars in the field of mathematical biology. Programs supported and/or sponsored by the IBA include
- BEAM: Biomathematics Education with Applications and Methods Grant,
- BEER: Biomathematics and Ecology Education and Research Symposium,
- CURE: Cross-institutional Undergraduate Workshop Experience Workshop,
- OUR-BEST: Outstanding Undergraduate Research in Biomathematics Education, Scholarship, and Teaching Prize,
- PEER: Partners in Extending Education and Research,
- IBA-GCP: IBA Graduate Certificate Program,
- TLIB: The Letters in Biomathematics Journal,
- SPORA: Undergraduate Biomathematics Research Journal.
The faculty and students of our institution have access to the combined resources of all of the partnering institutions within the IBA.